Pages

Do you go to "experts"?

PLEASE VOTE TODAY IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY DONE SO!

I found this article about tips an adviser shares with his ultra wealthy clients. Each week I'll post about a tip and how it applies to regular people.


Tip #3 - Work with “smart” people.

I'll amend this a bit - work with "experts". The one thing that I never understand is why really smart people rely upon really dumb advice. I know that people ask friends and family for advice - I do it too. But I do try to recognize that some people know things in a particular area better than others.

While Uncle Bob might be a great plumber, do I really want to ask him about my finances? Do I ask the dentist for roofing advice? Of course not. There's nothing against plumbers and dentists, but I rely upon them to know about plumbing and dentistry, respectively.

And everyone's go-to expert? The internet.

If it really were that easy, we would all be rich.

Smart people work with experts. And smart people are "smart" enough to know when they are NOT an expert in something and are willing to ask for help.